Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Ride Reports

Ride Reports Tell us all the gorey details!

Old 03-11-2011, 12:01 AM

Roscoe,

I think I will like the 2k2 on the 300. Seems like it will be a good compromise between grunt and acceleration.

Looks like conditions are still good up North. Man I wish Belfair was closer. No where decent to ride right now without driving several hours. Guess I gotta do the drive of be patient.

Are you going to do the D-100 with the new Gasser? That would be a good test for the new bike, indeed.

I'll be looking for a Belfair meet and greet this year and hope to get up there to learn the area.

Russ

Old 03-11-2011, 07:24 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by firffighter View Post
Roscoe,

I think I will like the 2k2 on the 300. Seems like it will be a good compromise between grunt and acceleration.

Looks like conditions are still good up North. Man I wish Belfair was closer. No where decent to ride right now without driving several hours. Guess I gotta do the drive of be patient.

Are you going to do the D-100 with the new Gasser? That would be a good test for the new bike, indeed.

I'll be looking for a Belfair meet and greet this year and hope to get up there to learn the area.

Russ
I know you will like it! It will rev a bit more like your 250 did, but also have huge yank of the bottom if you get after it.

Yes I pre entered for the Dez 100 and I intend to ride the 2011. BRAAAAAAAAP!. I will get a mileage this weekend for a tank of fuel. I'm hoping near 50 miles, we'll see. I will also be over in Odessa the weekend prior. 2 NMA races back to back Saturday and Sunday.

Yeah need to get my rear in gear. I will look at some dates I can do the Meet n Greet and get it posted up to see which one fits best for those interested in coming this year.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 03-13-2011, 12:58 AM

Nice write up for sure! I also have to agree with you when it comes to Les at LTracing. I just got my suspension back from him and put my first ride on it. Man that guy knows how to set up a suspension to work miracles. He truly deserves his props!
Old 03-13-2011, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVERUP View Post
I will get a mileage this weekend for a tank of fuel. I'm hoping near 50 miles, we'll see.
Roscoe
Great write up positive in all areas.

Looking forward on mileage with your carb set up. I notice even with the float set properly I seem to find reserve quickly.
Wish we could find a larger tank.
07 TXT 280
77 TY175
Old 03-15-2011, 03:42 PM

Desert ride opinion... Yes it it works in the desert, and works very well.

The desert conditions made it a bit easier than usual out there as it rained and tacked up the sand some, making for some of the best riding I've encountered over there.

First note, the power of this 300 is flat phenomenal and makes you look like a hero in deep power robbing sand. I made a couple steep and deep sandy hills easily while my buddies tried and tried. Eventually they made their way up and around on the kiddie run.

Les' suspension set up smooths out deep sand whoops awesome and with only a few clicks on the compression I was feeling very confident. I could have probably added another click to the rear, as late in the day I found a washed out ditch at speed and felt the rear just hit bottom as I pulled up and clenched the ol cheeks. The motors power really allows you to get up in an instant on top and charge, I'm really liking it.
The bike was very stable at speed through gnarly loose granite and Pumice rock. I also toped out in 6th gear along an Irrigation dike access road to see how it felt on top of the range, very stable.

The clutch. After I dumped my oil and a change to my usual grade and brand it did seem a little more quiet but was not silent. I still heard it on occasion on sandy hilly starts from a stop. I does not affect the feel or operation of the clutch so I am not going to fuss about it and see if she breaks in some.

I haven't added a gasket to the e start yet so that is still status quo. Not bad but not as good as I think it can be. Maybe have time to make a gasket and add it on Saturday then try again this Sunday to see if that improves it.I like the button alot, I know, I know, I'm getting old and lazy.

Fuel mileage. unfortunately I did not get a actual mileage for a tank of fuel again. I had 3 guys with odo's. First guys KTM stocker on the fritz before we head out. Now I'm down to 2. Second guys KTM made it 3 miles down the dike, whole bike on the fritz, intermittent spark we think after tearing into it. Left him behind. Now I'm down to 1 odo. Made it 7 miles, after that screen went blank, on the fritz. I cant win.
I will try again this weekend to get an actual mileage. I can tell you It did seem as if I was getting decent mileage as I did 1 loop that I know the approximate mileage to and what was left in the tank seemed on par. But thats just a guesstimate and that ain't gonna do. I need actuals.

I really feel good about this bike.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 03-15-2011, 04:03 PM

A couple shots from the desert.

Old 03-15-2011, 04:18 PM

A couple of my buddies struggling on one of the rocky sandy hills. The pics don't do it justice.

Old 03-16-2011, 09:09 PM

Great report. Hopefully it won't be long before I can post my first ride report. Picking mine up tomorrow.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:51 PM

[QUOTE=REVERUP;59402]A couple of my buddies struggling on one of the rocky sandy hills. The pics don't do it justice.
It is funny how the pix never do justice to the gnarly stuff!However the footage of Lamkin at hells gate nearly did.
I just picked up my 2011 300 e start tonight- i am so stoked!! it is in our front entryway taken apart to put the huge pile of farkles on- mostly protective stuff. I can't wait to get it out on some decent terrain and see what it can do! What a beauty! A special thanks to Bruce at Motoadventure for taking on the Gas Gas line and to Clay at GGOR for the excellent communication during my wait for the bike.

"No one expects the spanish inquisition"
2011 GG xc300
GG TXT 321 trials
Guzzi V7
Old 03-18-2011, 08:00 PM

Cool! Congratulations, glad you both are getting new Gas Gas'. lot of Gas Gas knowledge on this site if your looking for help with a certain aspect of your bikes don't hesitate to post a question.

Roscoe