Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 08:12 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cox76y View Post
Hi mark,
Thanks for the info. What is the issue with the clutch. Is there anything official by gasgas for either issue? I can't see anything anywhere on official websites and my dealer I bought the bike from had heard nothing. This is the first new bike I have ever owned and I just want any identified issues fixed. I have not had the starter working since the day I got it. I'm happy to do the fix mentioned however I am a little concerned about any warranty issues that may arise.. I am in Australia but imagine any recall would be world wide..
Thanks
Josh
There is a washer in the clutch that could come loose. I would ask your dealer to call gasgas.

Old 11-29-2017, 06:00 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Recall doesn't work. Had a very long conversation with my dealer this afternoon. After he replaced the wiring that GG said was the issue it still will not start with the estart. At this point my bike is unusable. I'm old, and have zero cartridge in my knee. I can not be kicking a bike over, hence wanting an estart bike.

Last edited by markwoodlief; 11-29-2017 at 06:36 PM.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:16 PM

What exactly does the recall entail ?
Old 11-30-2017, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwoodlief View Post
Recall doesn't work. Had a very long conversation with my dealer this afternoon. After he replaced the wiring that GG said was the issue it still will not start with the estart. At this point my bike is unusable. I'm old, and have zero cartridge in my knee. I can not be kicking a bike over, hence wanting an estart bike.

So unuseable by you. Its still runs etc just won’t estart. I can appreciate the knee issue. I am 46 with a knee replacement so I’ll need an estart bike sooner than later.

1999 GG EC 250 Six Days
1999 Cagiva Gran Canyon
2001 Aprilia Falco
2001 Triumph Speed Triple for my 20 year old
2000 GG XC250 for my 20 year old
2003 Honda Rancher 350 for the wife
Old 11-30-2017, 09:47 AM
Site Sponsor

Default Real story

OK, tired of biting my lip.

#1. There is no recall on the clutch washer as it isn't a safety issue, it was a tech bulletin on the first shipment of enduro bikes that the clutch nut washer/tab may not fit tightly to hold the nut in place. It has only been 5% of the models so not an issue and has been resolved with production since August.

#2. The tech bulletin on the estart issue has been issued over 3 weeks ago from extensive testing in Europe and in the USA by our staff and some dealers all at the same time frame. It wasn't because certain members on here alerted GasGas. Tech Bulletins and proper research take time to insure the correct fix. When any brand issues tech bulletins, or recalls it isn't from one person having an issue and WHAM the factory sends out notifications. This process takes time. Not all machines are having the hiccup and %80 of those that have the issue, a simple modification to the ground resolves the issue. For those, like one members comments here, as of last night the dealership hasn't done the final modification yet, so it is completely inaccurate to say there is no fix and or jump to these conclusions!

GasGas of old would have looked the other way or not done any tech bulletin on either issue. We are not THAT company and do our best to be ahead of any issue, but proper consumer procedure and correct repair from our side takes time and especially takes getting the machine into the dealers hands so we can work with them properly.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrot NA - Mark Berg View Post
OK, tired of biting my lip.

#1. There is no recall on the clutch washer as it isn't a safety issue, it was a tech bulletin on the first shipment of enduro bikes that the clutch nut washer/tab may not fit tightly to hold the nut in place. It has only been %5 of the models so not an issue and has been resolved with production since August.

#2. The tech bulletin on the estart issue has been issued over 3 weeks ago from extensive testing in Europe and in the USA by our staff and some dealers all at the same time frame. It wasn't because certain members on here alerted GasGas. Tech Bulletins and proper research take time to insure the correct fix. When any brand issues tech bulletins, or recalls it isn't from one person having an issue and WHAM the factory sends out notifications. This process takes time. Not all machines are having the hiccup and %80 of those that have the issue, a simple modification to the ground resolves the issue. For those, like one members comments here, as of last night the dealership hasn't done the final modification yet, so it is completely inaccurate to say there is no fix and or jump to these conclusions!

GasGas of old would have looked the other way or not done any tech bulletin on either issue. We are not THAT company and do our best to be ahead of any issue, but proper consumer procedure and correct repair from our side takes time and especially takes getting the machine into the dealers hands so we can work with them properly.
As one of the owners of a 18 Ec that will not start on the E-start I would like to say maybe if GasGas would have acknowledged the problem from the beginning and told us we are working on a fix please be patient this would not have become an issue. Love the bike and was going to buy 2 but glad I waited. I will see how this is handled and then decide. I would also like to say that out of the three 18 EC's that I know of all have the problem. It's not the end of the world for me but if I buy a bike with an E-start I would like it to work. I don't think that is too much to ask for.
Old 11-30-2017, 12:29 PM

Mark Berg, thank you for your continued support. And also clarification to mis-information.

1999 GG EC 250 Six Days
1999 Cagiva Gran Canyon
2001 Aprilia Falco
2001 Triumph Speed Triple for my 20 year old
2000 GG XC250 for my 20 year old
2003 Honda Rancher 350 for the wife
Old 11-30-2017, 02:09 PM

Thanks Mark for the input.
Old 11-30-2017, 02:50 PM

FWIW. The mechanics at the Everett endurocross told me it works as a restarter, like the pre 17 ktms.
Old 11-30-2017, 03:30 PM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEB View Post
FWIW. The mechanics at the Everett endurocross told me it works as a restarter, like the pre 17 ktms.
Why do that when the competition is becoming so confident in its starter that they are selling Bikes without kick-start?