Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 09:31 PM
Administrator

Default New U.S. Enduro Importer Q and A

I sent a summary of the questions from the previous thread about details on GasGas OffRoad US to Clay Stuckey - the head of the new gasgas enduro importer for the U.S. I have responses to those questions from him and they are listed below. He also sent me his resume and I have summarized it below.

Please post up any additional questions you have and I will update this thread with the responses. I will edit this post so that it has an updated summary of all questions with their answers, etc.

An Introduction to Clay Stuckey :

Clay Stuckey brings 30 years of motorcycle sales management experience at the district level and at the national level. He has 20 years experience as a regional sales manager for Kawasaki and another 10 years at KTM/Husaberg where he was a regional sales manager for KTM and a national sales manager for Husaberg.

On a personal level, he is passionate about motorcycling and motorcycle racing. In years past, he has competed in the SETRA series, winning overall A, 200A and Senior A classes. He currently competes in the Senior A class and finished second in 2009.

Q & A with Clay Stuckey - GasGas Offroad US.

1. Someone mentioned a shipment of discounted 2010 models on the way. Can you give us more details on this. What is pricing and availability?

The factory had 67 2010s that were left over and we agreed to buy them. The 250s have a MSRP of $6599 and the 300s have an MSRP of $6699.

2. Does this change have any effect on the operation of Gofasters as the enduro parts importer?

No. Go Fasters still handles parts at this time and we are glad of it. Their knowledge of the Gas Gas line is unbelievable and I feel fortunate that we have them to back up motorcycle sales.

3. Gofasters has been working hard to support racers and a race team, etc. What is your philosophy towards supporting racing to build the brand, etc.? What will be the division of work here now?

I believe in a Regional approach towards racer support. I want riders in as many of the regional series as possible who can answer questions for potential Gas Gas racers and who can show what the bikes are capable of. Supporting a pro like a Lafferty or Fahringer on the national level is out of our reach for the first year. Racer support is a marketing tool and sales and marketing is under our company but we have already gotten a lot of input from Go Fasters about long time Gas Gas riders like Jim Senecal. We want to support Gas Gas riders who have been loyal to the brand through some tough times before we look for other riders. But I do have some other riders in mind, like Robbie Jenks, who I supported while at the other company I worked for and who was dropped when regional race support was all but eliminated.

--------

If you have any additional questions - please post them here and I will summarize and update this post with Clay's responses. He is quite busy right now communicating with his dealers, etc. So I am doing this to save him some time.Thanks,
Jeff
Webmaster
GasGas Riders Club

Old 08-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Hey Jeff, I'm really interested in weather or not the 2011 U.S. bikes imported will be DE|XC's as they have been for years, or the EC version. And what other bike options the factory will be putting together. A race model , Six days model, Nambotin, etc... or will you have to option upgraded components on the standard model?

I know its still early in this new ownership but.... how and when can we obtain racer support from Gas Gas again, or is this going to be only for select individuals?

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 08-05-2010, 08:15 PM

Exclamation 2011 US GasGas Availability

The 2011 model availability chart was released to dealers earlier this week, and it shows electric start versions of the 250 and 300 two-strokes, along with the familiar line-up of Six Days, Race, and Nambotin 300 bikes.

Standard XC models (no ECs, although I have kits to make an XC street-able) should arrive as early as September, followed by eStart and Six Days versions in October, Race a short while later, and Nambotins in the spring. [disclaimer - this schedule is subject to change based on the factory's build plan]

Not excited yet? How about 125 and 200 Six Day and Race versions

Racer support is "under construction", but Clay hinted at his plan in the mini-interview with Jeff that started this thread. Your best bet is to talk to your dealer about what kind of program you want to run, and then submit it to GasGas Offroad. US that way.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 08-06-2010, 08:42 AM

From another forum-
Quote:
1. Are the bikes still imported as 'race' bikes?

2. Are the VIN's recognized by the NTSB as road vehicles....IE-will the DMV's allow them be titled?

3. Is Gas-Gas working on a titled 4-stroke to compete with the sales of titled Huskys and KTMs?
:-)

2003 EC250 w/ Ohlins pkg
Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Your best bet is to talk to your dealer about what kind of program you want to run, and then submit it to GasGas Offroad. US that way.
Ya I wish I had a real Gas Gas dealer. Sounds like this should change with the change in importer, and their management.

Its been kind of shaky around here with the brand over the last few years. 2006 was the last time it looked really good here and I got great support from Juan Romero at Gas Gas USA. Also I am really the only Gas Gas points racer in the NMA Off road series and have been since the 06 season. Its gonna take some work to get them back in the public eye. Once in a while I'll see a Gas Gas and its usually ends up being a Canadian that came down for one of are northern races or its a local guy that races once in a while. Even so there aren't many Gas Gas owners in this area.

Thanks for all the info.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 08-06-2010, 12:09 PM
Banned

Guys,
Sorry for the late reply but I have been on the phone contacting dealers. I have also been filling out EPA/DOT forms out until I'm already sick of it!

Steve is correct on the models. Dealers have, or will have, a model availability sheet. I have ordered every model offroad motorcycle that Gas Gas produces and will receive the first container the end of the month and the last one in February. I have been told that I can increase orders if business is better than expected with 2 month notcie to the factory.

All of the bike will be brought in as closed course competition only motorcycles. That's the only way we can do it. We can't meet EPA/DOT street requirements. The MSOs will state for offroad use only in states that require that statement. There won't be any green sticker legal bikes this year and there won't be a street legal 4T available any time soon. The street legal KTMs are growing roots in the KTM dealerships and KTM has them in stock, too. KTM has been out of stock of 2Ts and bringing those bikes in makes the most business sense for us. In addition, I don't think the factory will stay with the current 450 4T engine for more than a year or two so all of the effort to get that bike street legal will have to be done again.

I have allocate 20 motorcycles for racer support this year. I am looking for guys who have pretty good success in regional series. I want a guy that Joe Average can talk to about his Gas Gas. I'm not always looking for the fastest guy but a personable, respected racer who can wave the GG flag in that series.
What else? Did I miss anything?
Sorry I have to get back on the phone. This is the hardest I have worked in the last year! Let me know if you have questions about anything else. BTW, I will be at the Maine National Enduro. I'm on row 35. Come by and introduce yourself if you are at that event.

Clay
Old 08-06-2010, 01:07 PM

Wow! Thanks Clay for spending some time answering questions and being a part of this great forum.
Not to mention taking on the task of making Gas Gas what it should be in the U.S.
I really like what I'm hearing, its a long time coming, and well deserved.

Is there any chance there will be a dealer list published on here or somewhere else, so we can figure out who in our area is going to continue to be a dealer, or who is a new dealer? Back in 2004 we had several in Washington, as the years have dropped so has the dealers.
Have a great ride at the National Enduro.

Roscoe

Old 08-06-2010, 01:19 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Thanks for the update! Can't wait!
Old 08-06-2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
This is the hardest I have worked in the last year!
Music to my ears.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:21 PM

This all gets me pretty jazzed. I took a chance in late 1998 when my local dealer wanted me to try this bizarre little bike with the same name twice. I was riding a Husky 125 in the local 200A class, so I tried the Gas Gas 200. I loved that bike. I stepped out to a Honda for a couple of seasons when the dealer disappeared, but now I'm on my fourth Gas Gas thanks to an incredibly good dealer, and this forum! I sure hope Gas Gas catches on, it's the best handling bike I've ever ridden, and it's cool.

I do think Gas Gas should adopt my bike's color scheme though for the American market!

http://s577.photobucket.com/albums/s...t=IMG_9764.jpg
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Closed Thread