Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Product Reviews (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   2013 ec250r (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16254)

Jakobi 12-02-2013 03:13 AM

2013 ec250r

I took ownership of this lady the other day!

http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps83663c38.jpg

During PD, we scrapped the stock jetting. It was 42 N1EF#3 175. I don't know how thats expected to work, but went to 42 N3EW#2 178 and she fired up on the second kick. Did I little 20m run and called it done.

Back at home she's been pulled down again and I'm slowly working through getting things set the way I want.

Been greasing bits and pieces (will save linkage and steering stem bearings until suspension service time - 10hrs).
I need to get some rad guards on order, will likely go with Force as they've held up well for me on the 2010. Will also be adding another P3, and running it with the stock bash plate.
Removed the indicators and rear fender number plate holder. Nicely planned here with a drop out panel to access the connections from below. I've packed some foam in where the wires used to exit and also run some tape over the joins to keep the mud out.
All wiring behind the headlight pulled down and cleaned up and zip tied for a nicer fit. Connected up the hill switch for the lighting block. Will run the other one too!
Removed the cross brace on the Renthal Twinwalls - need to purchase a fatty bar pad.
Scrapped the lever mounted choke and installed the plunger.
Air filter needs a reoiling, and a few burrs/casting flaws need to be removed from the sealing surface in the airbox.
Airbox lower joins will be sealed with marine grade black sikaflex. Lower drain has had the slit extented to open easier (and wider).
Compression reading taken on my guage. Its a cheapo that includes the volume of the adapters and tubing and always reads low. Got 140psi where my reduced and corrected S3 head got 145psi (both using a single .5mm base gasket). I have yet to measure the squish.
Chain guard removed.
Thats about all for now, until more parts arrive. Then I'll think about riding it.

Still haven't decided if I want to pull the head before I break it in or after, and I still have to go over the suspension and measure up the sag figures. I'm thinking I'll probably go straight to a 5.4 rate rear spring which I have on hand if the 5.2 doesn't get the numbers I'm after. Dave at Suspension matters specced up a set of fork springs on a 300R not long ago and they came in at .44 which doesn't sound too far off.

john r b 12-02-2013 04:13 AM

Very nice, kick or button?

Jakobi 12-02-2013 04:20 AM

No button. Race model, kick only. Have noticed the kick starter occassionally does its thing where it doesn't engage as well as it should. Looks like I'll be in stretching the spring at first service too.

Anyone with the later models had to do much in relation to the powervalve? Preload, shims, etc. I also have a 8mm spacer I can install to give some more volume on the LHS cover, which is the newer style one (not the finned style). I think I'll ride it before I change that up though.

hamilton 12-02-2013 06:28 AM

Nice, think you will really like it. Waiting to hear a ride report when you get it sorted.

Fred1956 12-02-2013 09:10 AM

Look at you Jake! Nice!

nambo-trev 12-02-2013 09:54 AM

Nice pick up!

adv rider 12-02-2013 10:41 AM

new bike

Nice! That will be a big help for me, since I know you won't be able to leave it alone. ;)

Vindicator 12-02-2013 11:59 AM

Congrats Jakobi, the 13' is quite nice and kicked out some of the gremlins of past models . Don't forget the ride report :)

sevenfourate 12-02-2013 12:31 PM

Lucky man..........VERY nice.

Ride safe and enjoy ;)

Diggs345 12-02-2013 01:16 PM

Good to see you stuck with gas gas jake , nice ride