Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post

All looks good Stu. Was that a plug chop at WOT or just a general plug inspection? Oils and fuels used always vary the look of the plug a bit too. As long as its pulling strong and clean its good!
It was a general spark plug inspection from my last ride.
Rode just over 45 miles
Consisted of WOT to normal single track trail riding (2nd - 3rd gear)
Gas - Ethanol free (92 octane)
Oil - Motul 800
Ratio - 50:1
Moto Oil - Shell Rotella 15W/40

Old 09-13-2013, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator

Great informative post..
Old 09-16-2013, 04:50 PM

We did a big 3 day epic ride weekend. 2300-7400 feet of gnar. huge climbs, did 4600 feet at a time. FUN! Three 125 huskys all with 165cc kits and Lectrons. Ran fantastic even when the EFI KTM would hardly start. Getting 4-6 MPG better than with a standard carb. One guy bought one from me and received it 2 hours before we left, tossed it on and raved all weekend about it. Usually runs out of 50 miles After 50 miles still had half a tank and was stunned.

Yep, steep.

Old 09-16-2013, 05:08 PM

Wow those are some awesome photos...
Where were you riding?

Great to here more good feedback on the Lectron. Just like my ride on Saturday. Prior to hoping on my bike I turned the rod in 1/4 turn to richen it up. After that I only touched it once as I was not happy with the idle - which in reality I only turned it in 1/8 turn.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator

Great pics Kelly. Looks beautiful.. the scenery! Haha! Talk about a few rocks I hate rocks..

In regards to the comparison, I must say I'm seeing more positive reviews for the Lectrons, and my own personal experience was easier with the Lectron than the SC. When the cast models come out that might change.. but they still kind of lack the ability to be tuned like a PWK. Thats a pro or con depending on who you are and what you're looking for. Lets just say the MR carbs aren't for everyone.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscook View Post
Ninja edit: Where is the rod on your Lectron? My bike wouldn't start with the basic setting, so I can't tune it. If you can drop me a PM with your basic setting as a baseline I'd appreciate it.
--------------------------------------------
Hey there. Don't want you to think I am ignoring you. Have tried to send you a PM, but it is not working.

When I got my Lectron the length of the Rod (3-1-XL) was at 51.27mm. I have leaned it out since then and am currently sitting at 51.75mm.
Just curious do you have the same Rod # as mine? I think you bought from Trevor in Canada and curious if for some reason he had a different Rod #? Also, it is VERY critical that the flat part of the rod is facing the MOTOR!!!! If not, the bike will not run well at all....

With that setting I have rode my bike from 2500ft to just over 6700ft and no adjustments at all!!!!

One problem that I had one time with not starting was that the small little boot on the choke had come loose which then won't allow the choke to stay on to start. It was a simple fix by popping the rubber boot back down.
And one more problem I had when I first installed was that my new Motion Pro T3 throttle cable was not allowing the carb slide to go down far enough in the carb. The way I fixed this was I had to remove the locking nut for the cable adjustment at the throttle. That fixed the slide height adjustment but when riding and the vibrations the adjustment was not locked and the slide height would be moving on its own...not good. So I then came up with a thinner adjustment nut and readjusted the slide height and locked the adjustment down tight. Since those little mods I have had no issues!!!
2012 - XC 300 Racing
Seattle, WA
Old 01-27-2014, 05:52 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuJohnson View Post
Quote:
Ninja edit: Where is the rod on your Lectron? My bike wouldn't start with the basic setting, so I can't tune it. If you can drop me a PM with your basic setting as a baseline I'd appreciate it.
--------------------------------------------
Hey there. Don't want you to think I am ignoring you. Have tried to send you a PM, but it is not working.

When I got my Lectron the length of the Rod (3-1-XL) was at 51.27mm. I have leaned it out since then and am currently sitting at 51.75mm.
Just curious do you have the same Rod # as mine? I think you bought from Trevor in Canada and curious if for some reason he had a different Rod #? Also, it is VERY critical that the flat part of the rod is facing the MOTOR!!!! If not, the bike will not run well at all....

With that setting I have rode my bike from 2500ft to just over 6700ft and no adjustments at all!!!!

One problem that I had one time with not starting was that the small little boot on the choke had come loose which then won't allow the choke to stay on to start. It was a simple fix by popping the rubber boot back down.
And one more problem I had when I first installed was that my new Motion Pro T3 throttle cable was not allowing the carb slide to go down far enough in the carb. The way I fixed this was I had to remove the locking nut for the cable adjustment at the throttle. That fixed the slide height adjustment but when riding and the vibrations the adjustment was not locked and the slide height would be moving on its own...not good. So I then came up with a thinner adjustment nut and readjusted the slide height and locked the adjustment down tight. Since those little mods I have had no issues!!!
Good info, thanks. I have the rod info written down somewhere, but I couldn't even get my bike to start with the Lectron. It sputtered ONCE in 25 minutes of kicking and fussing. I unhooked the cable from the throttle to prevent misapplication of throttle input (T3 is exactly the right length, might be too short based on your experience). I'll reset to zero and try again, but I'll warm up the bike first and verify freshest gas ever.

I know it was flat to the engine, but that's what I saw, and do I really trust these lying eyes?

Any tips/thoughts on float height? I had lots of fuel in the bowl, maybe too much due to the 15* inherent angle of the carb when installed.

Plus, I didn't like the way the tank was forcing the carb down, I will investigate if I had it rotated too far one way or the other.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

Go back through this thread Phil. There is all the info required on how to set the Lectron up. Even pics of where my fuel height was.

Note that these carbs will be hard to start if the slide is too high. They need to be nice and low to get a good signal. First page of the thread for pics. Good luck.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Good info, thanks. I have the rod info written down somewhere, but I couldn't even get my bike to start with the Lectron. It sputtered ONCE in 25 minutes of kicking and fussing. I unhooked the cable from the throttle to prevent misapplication of throttle input (T3 is exactly the right length, might be too short based on your experience). I'll reset to zero and try again, but I'll warm up the bike first and verify freshest gas ever.

I know it was flat to the engine, but that's what I saw, and do I really trust these lying eyes?

Any tips/thoughts on float height? I had lots of fuel in the bowl, maybe too much due to the 15* inherent angle of the carb when installed.

Plus, I didn't like the way the tank was forcing the carb down, I will investigate if I had it rotated too far one way or the other.
Also do a little search for AZRick's comments when he set up his Lectron. His bike is a 2011 and he too had issues with the tank and got a special throttle cable from Kevin at Lectron.
Here is the link (I had to go and read it again myself)
http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/sho...lectron&page=2

On my 2012 - 300 I have the new 2013 gas tank and it just barely hits the cable as it comes out of the carb. I too might get another cable that would have a slight bend at the carb to make sure no contact with the gas tank.

Keep me posted on how it goes.

And I also need to hook up with you sometime for a ride. I have never ridden at Walker Valley. I always go East to CleElum but no riding there now.

Last edited by StuJohnson; 01-27-2014 at 06:36 PM. Reason: added link
Old 01-27-2014, 07:51 PM

Yes, Mr Lectron sent me a cable that approximated the Gasser's curved thingy. Lectron's new cable is a 90 degree bend.

Still going strong. I had to enrichen it quite a bit from stock. Everyone else seems to lean it from stock. The second carb bowl oozes, too.