Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:32 AM

Quote:
ou haven't got a catalyst exhaust on it have you? Had one on my 200 and it was weird until I changed it.
no I have only the open pipe with the nickel surface

Quote:
On the older 300's N1EF on no. 1 would look a little lean to me. I used to run either 38P, N1EF on 2 or 3, 178M. That's leaner on the very bottom then richer then leaner. But ............... later bikes may be different. You didn't say where the plug was getting wet in the throttle range.
My dealer recommend a N1EG - the plug becomes wet before when the GG don't want start - now the plug picture look OK.

Quote:
Your jettings crap, Scheisse, but i'm thinking it's also got something to do with your cylinder height, to many base gaskets?
Yes I know I will try a DDK needle.
What is your choise?
The cylinder height could be also a problem - good idea.
The former owner fit 3 gaskets appr. 2mm.
I have to check dimension X.(Dimension „X“ is the dimension from upper edge of piston to upper
edge of cylinder with cylinder under low tension and piston in TDC position.)
How much is this - don't find it in the workshop manual.

Quote:
On september at greece wec i ask the spain factory team about the jetting they say pilot 42 needle 1NEG at midle and main 178
This jetting should be OK in this hot conditions (46°C - 114°F) and altitude 70m.

Old 10-29-2010, 11:11 AM
Banned

Make your squish corrections using these specs by Ron. Do it using ony gaskets alone, without cutting the head.

http://www.gasgasrider.org/html/measuring_squish.html

Last edited by widebear; 10-29-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:03 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Yes, it is very easy to try the different Carbuerator Needles people
use in the "Jetting" section of this website. My personal one is "CCK"
Old 10-30-2010, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefgil123 View Post
Yes, it is very easy to try the different Carbuerator Needles people
use in the "Jetting" section of this website. My personal one is "CCK"
what do you have your clip at? ive got a cck and im still gettin a flat upper middle range. still need to play with the main too, but that mid section is driving me nuts! the cck was reccommended by ron btw. rght now mines on the middle clip.
Old 10-30-2010, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator

This is the exact same problem I am facing. N1EF on top clip. 40 Pilot, 175 Main.

Runs nice from idle to mid, then burbles and carrys on like its drowning in fuel, clears its lungs and hawls right through the top.

Its not too bad in the open stuff where you can clear often but as the trails tighten the problem compounds.

Have a N1EG on back order to try on 3rd clip, and a N3EG here that I may also try.

Keen to know if you get it sorted
Old 10-30-2010, 05:03 PM

I think the CCK is too lean for the 250. Try working with a DDK,DEK or best yet JD Blue from the PWK38 generic kit. Also work with a #7 slide, much more suited to the 250 than the #6 that might be in your '03. Cruiser and I both had '03s, and they were a bit flat in the mid compared to older and newer bikes. What really woke up both was swapping the CDIs for pre '03 XC250 CDIs. A 200 or MC 250 CDI would work as well.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:28 PM

i had my slide cut to a number 7, and put in a cck as par rons recommendations. when i get home next time i may do some tinkering and move the clip up a notch. i just wondered what jefgil had used.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:29 PM

Get a copy of JDs spreadsheet. Enter your current jetting as a base, and then a couple others like needle taper (series), clip position, etc. and compare the relative change in the area of interest to what you are experiencing on the bike. You get a real good visual on what to expect with your planned change and if its the right move before you try it. Good tool.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:56 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Get a copy of JDs spreadsheet. Enter your current jetting as a base, and then a couple others like needle taper (series), clip position, etc. and compare the relative change in the area of interest to what you are experiencing on the bike. You get a real good visual on what to expect with your planned change and if its the right move before you try it. Good tool.
JDs spreadsheet doesn't have the specs for the N1EF in its database. Which in turn doesn't help anyone.

I have just changed from the N1EF#1 to a N3EG#2
40 Pilot
175 Main

Idles much better. Snap and response from the bottom into the mid is incredible. However it feels like it could be signing off a bit early. Maybe too lean on the main. (Will have to plug chop some time).

Down the road I'm not sure if its making more power than it was, but it sure is transferring between on/off the pipe much more cleanly.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
JDs spreadsheet doesn't have the specs for the N1EF in its database. Which in turn doesn't help anyone.
I think it does.
Have you checked you're entering it correctly? N1 - E - F