Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 10-04-2023, 05:13 AM

Default 2018 XC300- How do I get power valves out???

Doing a top end refresh and I'm trying to get the power valves out to clean etc...... except I can't get them out using just my fingers. I've removed the retaining bolts, cleaned the area of muck but still am unable to withdraw the bearings and valves.

I didn't want to damage anything so thought I would ask here for advice. Should they just pull out or is it normal to have to use pliers or grips to free them?. Online I can see videos of people re-assembling by hand only but nothing showing how they got them out. I guess I could put a nut on the left hand valve (as it has a thread) and give that a tug? The right hand one has the rocker arm thing attached it to, which i was trying to avoid removing if possible.

Any advice or shared experiences would be helpful.

Thanks

Last edited by BMG; 10-05-2023 at 04:35 PM.

Old 10-05-2023, 09:07 PM

Yes that is what the threaded section is for. Make up a slide hammer style attachment and remove the left hand valve. Once that is out you can tap out the other side.

The main thing to make sure is absolutely clean is the track the sliding rod which lifts the main centre flap runs in. It is crescent shaped. Carbon build up here can jam the whole system.
Old 10-06-2023, 12:39 PM
Administrator

http://www.gasgasrider.org/html/technical_articles.html

http://www.gasgasrider.org/pv_disassembly_mattr.pdf

jeff
Old 10-08-2023, 03:30 AM

Thanks for the advice. Wasnt able to pull it out with vice grips or anything similar. Just before giving up I wedged the small right hand bolt in a claw of a hammer and put some wood under the hammer head and gave it a lever......right hand side valve finally came out. What an ordeal! Left one was easy to get out knocking it out from the right side

Now if only I could get my starter pinion out to weld it.......again, all the usual tricks are not working on this bike!