Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 01-03-2009, 12:04 AM

Default Speedo adj from 21" to 17"?

The speedo section of my 2004 FSE manual is confusing to say the least.
There is a mention of of getting ("a 00") somehow and then you are in the rolling radius mode and you can trim the speed to run fast or slow. From a-25" to +25".

But they advise you not to change it.

Other than the the tech that wrote that page, does anyone understand how to make the change. My read is that there is no simple method to change from 21" to 17", but by adjusting the trim it can sort of be changed.

Anybody know how to get to the "a 00" screen and once there how do you make the adjustments?

My 21" tire has a 27" dia and my 17 has a 23.5" dia. So if I get into the trim screen, would I just change the a00 to a -3.....?

Tony

Old 01-03-2009, 12:34 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Better try to get the manual of the speedo manufacturer. Mine is Trailtech Vapor, for example - http://trailtech.net/vapor.html
Old 01-03-2009, 10:41 AM

My speedo is the stock device found on the 2004 450 Fse. The manual I was referring to was the owners manual that came with the bike.

Is there a separate manual for this device somewhere? Anybody know where there might be more info on the device? How about in the later GG years. Do they still use the same device and are their manuals more descriptive of the products use.

The device you mentioned is something that a lot of DRZ owners switch over to and although I still haven't put on mine, if I don't find an answer to my problem, I might very well get one for my GG.

Tony
Old 01-03-2009, 04:55 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

May be this thread will help:
http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2812