Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:29 PM

Default which carb???

I believe my 2010 gasgas ec300 came stock with a Keihin AS2, The float bowl is shallow, the side of the carb says PWK, and the top has two screws that hold the spring and slide mechanisim in. Now here is my problem.... Said carb is now on my 12 husky wr300 because the mikuni it came with i didnt get along with. so gasser needs new carb. The only carb i can find seems to be a regular PWK airstriker (deeper bowl, round plastic screw cap holding the spring/access to needle)... What are the differences between these carbs? Which one will perform better where. The husky is my faster, open flowing trails and dune bike, the gas gas is my single track go to bike. Should i continue to look for an AS2? anyone have any experience with BOTH? Help please and thank you!

Old 09-12-2012, 10:43 PM
Super Moderator

All the bikes pre 2010 used the AS1 as you describe. I don't think there are any real advantages or disadvantages from one to the next, but then I don't know anyone who has tried the two back to back in the same bike either. Both carbs require very different jets to achieve the same goal though.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
All the bikes pre 2010 used the AS1 as you describe. I don't think there are any real advantages or disadvantages from one to the next, but then I don't know anyone who has tried the two back to back in the same bike either. Both carbs require very different jets to achieve the same goal though.
i was also wondering about the deeper bowl providing more consistent fueling at high rpm and steep angles...I never could get my bike sorted in the dunes always bogged at WOT with high load such a third gear pull up a hill, but thats a whole nother issue...
Old 09-12-2012, 11:04 PM
Super Moderator

Buy one and do some testing Then slap whichever one works best in the gasser and the other in the husky.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Buy one and do some testing Then slap whichever one works best in the gasser and the other in the husky.
hahahahahahaha i like your thinking!!!! i just told a friend of mine today that i dont regret buying my husky, but if someone said pick one we all know what id pick......BUT... to be fair i only have four rides on the WR and i couldnt get the bike to handle worth a crap so before the 4th ride i checked the tire pressure......33LBS! need i say anymore? fourth ride went MUCH better! I called my buddy that owns the husky dealer and said you better give the fellas in the back a talking to about air pressures LOL...
Old 09-12-2012, 11:25 PM
Super Moderator

Hahaha! And it took you 4 rides to check the air pressure. Should take yourself out the back and give yourself a floggin too!! Just don't let the missus catch ya.. Hahah..

I rode a 2010 WR300 last week. Very different nature to the gasser but was also set up for a much bigger rider than my punie frame. Hard to turn around when you can't touch the ground too.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:41 PM

My 2010s had AS-1s, while everything from '11 and up has had AS-2s ... except for Glenn, and then his '12 had an AS-1
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 09-12-2012, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Hahaha! And it took you 4 rides to check the air pressure. Should take yourself out the back and give yourself a floggin too!! Just don't let the missus catch ya.. Hahah..

I rode a 2010 WR300 last week. Very different nature to the gasser but was also set up for a much bigger rider than my punie frame. Hard to turn around when you can't touch the ground too.
NO it took me three rides, i took for granted it was done right from the dealer....WONT happen again LOL....and as for the husky height im 6ft2 so not so much of an problem...you sound like my buddies...no one will ever ride it because they are short and cant touch on it
Old 09-13-2012, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
My 2010s had AS-1s, while everything from '11 and up has had AS-2s ... except for Glenn, and then his '12 had an AS-1
My brothers 10 ec250 has the AS1 and mine 10 ec300 def has the AS2. i suppose that was during the switch and i got the newer carb. his bike is def alot less tempermental with jetting but i doubt thats the carb...i should snatch that little buggers carb while he isnt looking for some testing...