Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:30 AM
Super Moderator

Default 2010/2011 Side stand mount and lower chain guide

A common problem with these models I know.

I noticed some damage to mine a few months back and removed the side stand to stop things getting worse. It didn't really help. I just noticed that some time between then and now the whole section that tacks onto the frame is now gone. I have a spare TM Design Works lower guide and bolts so no biggy. I'm going to have to fab something up and I'll have a mate weld it on properly, however I can't remember how the side stand mounts. Its probably easiest to just do a small tab for the lower guide, but I'd really prefer to get the stand back on, or at least have the option to mount it up again for if/when I sell the bike.

So can someone please take a few pics for me If you've experienced the same thing and fixed it better then I'll really love pics! And if anyone sells a replacement option that would be even better again!

Cheers
Jake

Old 01-21-2013, 01:41 AM
Super Moderator

Quick bump on my own thread.

Checked the exploded diagrams and looks like I can basically just order the whole section I have lost. I'll that I'll need to do is weld on a small tab where the other old one cracked off (where the whole was), and bolt the whole kit up as one.

Anyone know what these are worth of have one in stock? I'm not feeling confident that GG Aus will have one. Never the less if I just add a tab I can probably still put in a work around until it arrives. I'd rather not ride without the roller there.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:21 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Scottys have the mount, 50 bucks if I remember, red loctite is your friend with this part. Can't believe yours has lasted this long!

Current. 2015 ec300r estart, 98 RM 125

2013 Ec300r 2011 Ec300e 2009 Husky TE310
1982 XR500 Honda 1981 KE100 Kawasaki
1978 GT80 Yamaha
Old 01-21-2013, 03:21 AM
Super Moderator

Do you remember what the lower tab looked like? From memory the lower chain roller bolts in from the back side doesn't it? Is there a bolt that goes through the frame tab and into the mount? My memory doesn't hold up well and the exploded diagram isn't very clear.

I'll email Scotty tonight and hopefully he can have one out to me tomorrow. Thanks Simmo.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:52 AM

Just repaired this on my bike, the tab snapped but stayed put between the bolt and stand mount. I (ok dad he can weld) welded the tab back and also welded a 1mm steel washer there for support.

I think the bolt goes through a sleeve which is through the roller which then goes through the frame tab and into the stand mount?

Ill have a look and take some pics in the morning for you.

Previous:
2011 Gas Gas EC300 ELC
2004 KTM 300 EXC
Old 01-21-2013, 06:11 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I think Nathan is on the money, the lower roller is where it usually gets loose and cracks around the frame bolt from the stand swinging up. I used red loctite on the frame and roller and never had another problem.

Current. 2015 ec300r estart, 98 RM 125

2013 Ec300r 2011 Ec300e 2009 Husky TE310
1982 XR500 Honda 1981 KE100 Kawasaki
1978 GT80 Yamaha
Old 01-21-2013, 11:24 AM

I have welded 2 of those. Frame material needs to get hot enough to make a good connection. It's allso good to make new piece that is thicker than original small C-piece.

When it hurts you know you're allive!

Gas Gas EC 300 Factory Racing 2012
- Ohlins TTX both front and rear
- Rekluse Core EXP 2.0 + Rekluse clutch basket
- Scalvini full exhaust system
- S3 Head
- Trusty adjustable PV cover

That was ultimate setup for me...
Now trying something else for a while...
Old 01-21-2013, 12:58 PM

Do you really need the stand? The woods are full of stands. I just take mine off every new GG. The '12 LOOKS a lot better, but I'm not going to give it a chance to fail.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Do you really need the stand? The woods are full of stands. I just take mine off every new GG. The '12 LOOKS a lot better, but I'm not going to give it a chance to fail.
I don't personally need the stand, but as part of ADR (Road registration) its meant to be on there along with mirrors, lights, etc etc. Not so much a problem while riding every weekend but a definite requirement if you want to sell the bike with rego. Also not much fun when you pull up at the pub and everyone else is drinking beer while you're still looking for a good place to lean your bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasTimppa View Post
I have welded 2 of those. Frame material needs to get hot enough to make a good connection. It's allso good to make new piece that is thicker than original small C-piece.
That was my plan. Did the same thing with the front frame tab that connects the lower pipe mount. Somehow managed to snap that right off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_green View Post
Just repaired this on my bike, the tab snapped but stayed put between the bolt and stand mount. I (ok dad he can weld) welded the tab back and also welded a 1mm steel washer there for support.

I think the bolt goes through a sleeve which is through the roller which then goes through the frame tab and into the stand mount?

Ill have a look and take some pics in the morning for you.
Thanks Nath. That would be ace. If its just a small tab with a hole drilled in it lifes good and easy. One of my riding mates just lives 5mins down the road and has a welder. He'll just pop over for a cool one when I'm ready.

To those who have repaired. Did you weld it from both sides for a better join? Did you remove the swingarm for access or could you get in there with it still on? I have to replace my silencer mounts so might as well go about regreasing all the pivots and doing the job right. Looks like heavy rain is going to set in now anyway. Also, how worried would you be about the CDI? Disconnect before welding or just make sure you earth close to the weld?
Old 01-21-2013, 02:40 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Also, how worried would you be about the CDI? Disconnect before welding or just make sure you earth close to the weld?[/B]
Disconnect it, and any other earth connection. Better safe than sorry.