Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 01-22-2014, 06:50 AM

Default Checkpoint 124mm link

Could someone please explain what they do exactly and how they might be better or worse than the stock 122mm links. Thanks

Old 01-22-2014, 07:57 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

They will lower the back end a little bit. Not sure how much, but maybe 1/2". This also impact the linkage geometry and how the rear shock acts. They are really the poor man's way to lower the rear end. If you really need to have the bike lowered the best thing to do is have your suspension tuner lower the bike correctly.

I used to run 126mm links but had my bike lowered the correct way and wish I had done it from the start.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:08 AM

Oh I agree about doing stuff correctly. I was just curious. It says it helps with straight line. And if that is so hey half inch lower is a bonus. I don't need the .5" that's the reason I bought the GG in the first place lol. It's lower than my old 09 wr300 and Ktm 300.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:17 PM

Anytime you lower the bike in the back or raise it in the front it will improve straight line stability and slow turning quickness due to a change in the front fork rake. As a side note a longer link means a longer lever pushing on the shock spring making it seem softer - enough so that a switch to a stiffer spring may be required to get proper sag back.