Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 10-29-2016, 05:32 AM

Default shocking electric

hi.
my gasgas ec300 2t 2013 is shocking (electric)
I try to find a damage in the electric wire.
I find nothing
I cant ride the bike ,the problem goes worse when the rpm rise up.
please help

Old 10-29-2016, 01:13 PM

Never seen that before on a motorcycle. On antique cars with cloth covered ignition leads, sparks will jump around. Maybe replace your high tension lead and check that the coil is well grounded (clean the frame). A new spark plug might be a good idea if the internal resistor is failing.
Old 10-29-2016, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator

I have experienced it.

But where are you getting the shocks delivered? When touching the frame?? My guess is the clutch/brake levers. In my experiences it has always been the front brake switch. Disconnect from the harness, or even better remove from the master and replace with a banjo bolt for better brake feel as well.

I've had this with my 2010 everytime I'd ride in the rain. Wet gloves, high rpm and then hard into the front brake to setup for a turn and getting zapped at the same time. Fun indeed. Mates 2015 Beta was doing the same as well. Disconnected and no reported re-occurrences.
Old 10-29-2016, 06:04 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Another consideration is the kill switch. Check to make sure that it isn't grounding itself to the handlebars and then using your hands to complete the circuit. That might also cause some of your running issues as well.
Old 10-30-2016, 01:41 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
I have experienced it.

But where are you getting the shocks delivered? When touching the frame?? My guess is the clutch/brake levers. In my experiences it has always been the front brake switch. Disconnect from the harness, or even better remove from the master and replace with a banjo bolt for better brake feel as well.

I've had this with my 2010 everytime I'd ride in the rain. Wet gloves, high rpm and then hard into the front brake to setup for a turn and getting zapped at the same time. Fun indeed. Mates 2015 Beta was doing the same as well. Disconnected and no reported re-occurrences.
I've also had the same experience ... unwanted boost to the breaking in wet conditions is not ideal