Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 08-16-2014, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
You are stating conspiracy theories about this website being "bought off" by someone- being the webmaster and one of the creators of this website - I find your statement rude and offensive.

This website is not for profit & community owned. I don't believe a community forum should be controlled by a commercial entity - so we created this website (myself with alot of help from MattR) - and we donated this website to the community. This website is supported by donations by members and dealers - the members, at the current time, provide 90% of the support of this website.

The website exists to benefit the entire community - members, dealers, importers, & gasgas spain itself... My suggestion to you would be to not piss on anyone in the community in your posts here.

jeff
Well said. Were it not for the plethora of info contained within this community, I wouldn't have considered owning a Gasser. I joined before buying, so I could find out if owning an "exotic" was gonna be my cup of tea. That said, new(er) members/owners have the benefit of years of experience and/or expertise within the worldwide collective, of this community.

Old 08-16-2014, 09:25 PM

Default Racial Slurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosco View Post
For all you Australian's is Aussie a racial slur? Just curious.
Here in the U. S., almost everything is a racial slur, if you question anyone's work ethic, performance, attitude, etc. Time marches on.....
Old 08-16-2014, 09:31 PM

Thumbs up Knowledge is Earned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosco View Post
I have been a motorcycle mechanic for over 30 years, I have owned my own motorcycle repair shop for over 20 years and I have been a GasGas dealer for about 3 1/2 years. I may not be as helpful as some on this website on the gasgas questions but If a bike comes into my shop that isn't running right the first thing I do is a compression test. At a 145 lbs compression I would say you better do a top end job before you waste your time chasing other problems that aren't there.
Also I don't believe this site is supported by dealers. Matter of fact I believe there are only 1 or 2 handful of dealers that post on this site. So let us know how things go after you get that top end freshened up.
This is the type of motorcyclist I have listened to since the age of 13. I am 58 now. I am still learning.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator

Trailblazer (and other new users),

There was a thread stuck at the top of this General forum showing "how to find manuals".
http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5127
It provides link to the corporate website. It also provided links posted by other users who found other manuals on the internet. The "shop manual" that you inquired about is actually provided in the last post in that thread.

Just a reminder to check "sticky" threads posted at top of each forum. They tend to be useful things that the older members found to be beneficial.

There are also Technical Articles created to help out members here. http://www.gasgasrider.org/html/technical_articles.html

Other manuals for suspension are here:
http://www.gasgasrider.org/html/manuals__etc.html

It may take some searching, but there is a lot of historical information on this site.

Thanks Jeff D., keep up the good work!